I don’t think I have to explain in too much detail why you should definitely try this recipe! It’s sweet, healthy and super easy to make. This fits perfectly in my meal plan PLUS it doesn’t involve any YELLOWS. If you follow the 21 Day Fix meal plan, then you know how awesome that is!! Just another one of my favorites from the Fixate cookbook!!
Serves 9 (1 muffin each)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
Container Equivalents (per serving) 1 purple, 1 orange
2 oz cream cheese
1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cup almond flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 dash sea salt
2 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare nine muffin cups by lining with muffin tin liners. Set aside.
3. Combine cream cheese and maple syrup in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine egg and pumpkin in a medium bowl, mix well. Set aside.
5. Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
6. Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
7. Spoon batter into each prepared muffin cup, filling a little less than 1/2 full.
8. Spoon about 1 heaping tsp cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin. Evenly fill muffin cup 3/4 full with remaining batter.
9. Sprinkle evenly with pumpkin seeds.
10. Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick interested until the center comes out clean.
11. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
**I omitted the pumpkin seeds and added a few chocolate chips to a few of them for a little extra indulgence.