- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of Four-Cheese Italian White Cheese Blend (Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Provolone, Asiago)
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh ground pepper
- Parsley or chives or green onions, finely chopped
- 3 chicken sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F(200°C). Grab your spaghetti squash firmly and chop off the tip and tail. Cut in half length-wise and scoop out the innards and seeds.
2. Put raw spaghetti squash halves face down in a shallow dish with a bit of water. Then microwave for 8 minutes (less or more, depending on the size of the squash). The flesh will be almost cooked through. Proceed with the remaining steps and bake for only 20-25 minutes in the oven.
3. In a large bowl, combine minced garlic, heavy cream, chicken stock, chives, and fresh thyme and chicken sausage. Mix well.
4. Once spaghetti squash is done (use a fork to check) scoop out the inside of one of the halves and place in a baking dish (spray with cooking spray first). Then sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese mix, then pour 1/2 of the garlic and heavy cream liquid on top of that. Repeat with the other squash half (1/2 cup cheese then liquid).
5. Cover with tin foil and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes, then remove tin foil for an additional 5 minutes. Once the top is bubbly and crispy, you know it’s done!
Serve with additional cheese and chives on top.