BALSAMIC ROASTED MUSHROOMS
- 1 lb. mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them in half if they are large.
- In a small dish, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, liquid aminos, garlic and thyme together.
- Heat up a small pan on the stove top (medium heat),
- Add the mushrooms and the liquid and sautee on medium-low heat until the liquid is almost all absorbed into the mushrooms and they are soft.
HERBED SPINACH MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup chopped spinach (fresh)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot, about 4-6 cups, of salted water to boil ( you could also use broth for added flavour)
- Add the cauliflower florets, stir and boil for about 6 minutes, until softened and the florets slide easily of a fork
- Drain the cauliflower, rinse, then pat the florets dry with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel and return to the pot
- Add olive oil, roasted garlic and sea salt and pepper to taste
- Use an immersion blender to achieve your desired consistency, or a blender.
- Transfer mashed cauliflower back into the pot, then add the chopped spinach leaves.
- Stir for a few minutes until spinach is tender.
- Scoop mashed cauliflower and spinach into a small bowl and top with mushrooms. Serve warm!