I had to try the Plant Based RD’s Baked Hummus Pasta!
This is a twist on the viral baked feta pasta, but I think it’s almost better. The hummus adds another flavor dimension and creaminess without the dairy. I did add/remove a few ingredients, so if you want to see the original recipe be sure to head to her website!
BAKED HUMMUS PASTA
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 tbs olive oil
Garlic, minced (follow your heart)
1 cup hummus
1.5 cups fresh spinach, chopped
8 Oz of dry pasta
1 cup reserved pasta water
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
3 tbs nutritional yeast
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a large baking dish, drizzle olive oil then add tomatoes and garlic.
3. Make a well in the middle of the baking dish and add hummus.
4. Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes or until tomatoes are blistered.
5. While hummus bakes, prepare your pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water after the pasta is done. Chop spinach and set aside.
6. Remove hummus from the oven and mash the tomatoes with a fork. Then mix hummus, tomatoes and garlic.
7. Add in pasta water, and mix until creamy.
8. Add pasta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Mix until well combined and spinach begins to wilt.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve immediately.