For The Rolls:
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 pound beef
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 oz. tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil a whole head of cabbage until leaves are soft enough to peel off (about 5 minutes for the small spring cabbage up to 10-15 minutes for bigger ones).
- Cook beef in a large pot, until browned. Remove the beef with a slotted spoon and set aside. Reserve about 2 tbs. of beef fat to sautee the onion.
- Add onion and sautee until fragrant. Add the garlic the last 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Add the cooked quinoa and beef to the onion and garlic.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the mix.
- Remove cooked cabbage and let it cool down. Make a slice near the stem and peel the leaf off carefully.
- Place 2 heaping tbsps. of beef filling on the bottom of the cabbage leaf and roll.
- Pour ¼ cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan, place cabbage rolls over and cover with leftover sauce. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.