- 1 small seedless watermelon (4 to 5 pounds), rind removed, cut into 1-inch cubes (10 cups)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 finely diced jalepeno, deseeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon Tajin seasoning, plus more as needed (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup grated cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- *NOTE: You can substitute sea salt in place of Tajin
- Place the watermelon, lime zest, lime juice, diced jalepeno, Tajin, and chili powder in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add the cotija cheese and cilantro and gently toss to combine.
- Taste and season with more Tajin (or sea salt) and chili powder if desired.