DILL PICKLE SMASHED POTATOES
* 2 lb baby potatoes
* 1 cup + 2 tbsp pickle juice
* 1 tbsp sea salt plus more to taste
* 2 tbsp ghee
* 1 tbsp fresh dill minced
* Ground black pepper to taste
Dill Pickle Aioli
* 1/2 cup Mayo
* 2 tbsp fresh dill minced
* 2 tbsp chopped pickles
* 1 tbsp pickle juice
* In a medium saucepan, add potatoes, 1 cup of pickle juice, and sea salt. Add enough water to cover the potatoes.
* Heat over high heat to boil, then reduce to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
* While the potatoes are simmering, make the dill pickle aioli by mixing all ingredients together. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
* Once the potatoes are fork tender, remove from heat, drain, then place the potatoes on a baking sheet.
* Using a potato masher or the bottom of a mug, flatten each potato to about 1/2 inch. It’s okay if they fall apart a bit.
* Add ghee to the potatoes and gently coat on all sides. Sprinkle with salt.
* Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
* Leave the potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy with browned bits.
* Serve immediately with prepared dill pickle aioli.