LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( 1 1/4 pounds total)
* 1 ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
* 3 tablespoons EACH: butter AND lemon juice
* 5 cloves garlic minced
* ⅓ cup chicken broth
* 1 ¼ teaspoon EACH: freshly chopped rosemaryAND parsley
* 2 teaspoons honey
* additional lemon slices, for garnish
* Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
* In a small pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, then add the lemon juice, minced garlic, chicken broth, freshly chopped rosemary, parsley and honey.
* Season the chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to an ovenproof skillet placed over medium-high heat and when it’s hot, sear the chicken breasts. Do not overcrowd the pan or your chicken won’t brown. You may want to do this in two batches. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side. If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet, transfer the chicken to a 9×13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
* Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken. Bake for 13-17 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165ºF. Spoon the sauce over the chicken breasts a couple of times during the baking process to keep the chicken moist. The amount of time required for the chicken to bake just depends on the thickness.