One Pot Ground Beef and Potatoes
* 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
* 1 pound potatoes washed and diced into ¼-inch cubes
* 1 pound grassfed ground beef (I used 2 pounds to up the protein!)
* 1 small yellow onion diced
* 1 red bell pepper diced
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus additional to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce plus additional for serving
* 2 green onions sliced
FOR SERVING: non-fat plain Greek yogurt or sour cream shredded cheddar cheese, cooked brown rice or cauliflower rice, or even add 2 over easy eggs to make it a breakfast!
Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold all of the ingredients over high heat. Once the ghee or oil is hot and shiny, reduce the heat to medium, then add the potatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the potatoes are turning golden and becoming tender (they should still be too firm to eat), about 6 minutes.
Add the beef, onion, and bell pepper. Cook, breaking apart the meat.
Add the Worcestershire, mustard, smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, and hot sauce (add 1 teaspoon if you prefer only subtle heat, more if you would like it spicier).
Continue cooking and breaking up the beef, until the potatoes and onions are tender and the meat is fully cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes more.
Stir in the green onions. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as desired. Serve hot, topped with Greek yogurt, cheese, over rice, or enjoy it all on its own with a dash of extra hot sauce if you like.